Regular professional cleanings are an important part of maintaining good oral and dental health.
In order to maintain a healthy, disease free mouth, we recommend you see your Dental Hygienist for a cleaning and your Dentist for a check-up every 6 months.
Our hygienists at Bell Dental Care are healthcare professionals and clinicians that will provide you with educational, preventive and therapeutic services supporting total health for the control of oral diseases and the promotion of oral health.
During your check-up visit, they will:
- Medical History – will be reviewed and updated.
- Oral Examination – general head and neck exam, and oral cancer screening.
- Oral Hygiene Instructions – provide you with oral hygiene techniques on brushing and flossing.
- Nutritional Counseling – provide you with tips on eating a balanced diet.
- Prophylaxis – “cleaning”; removing plaque and tartar buildup within the teeth.
- Digital Radiographs – x-rays of your teeth with 80 percent less radiation than conventional films are taken to update your chart.
- Dental Exam – is given by your General Dentist.
Most people benefit from professional cleanings every 6 month, however some people require more frequent cleanings. Your Dental Hygienist and Dentist will let you know what your specific needs are.