You need to be in the best hands for your oral surgery.
Our surgeons have the best experience for any procedure you may require. All our oral surgeons have hospital affiliations. Simple extractions to bone grafting and implants are procedure done in all locations.
Please contact our office to set up a consultation.
- Faster Implant and Wisdom Tooth Removal Healing
- Less Pain after Dental Surgery
- Decreased Swelling
- Accelerated Osseointegration or Healing of Bone to Dental Implants
- Improved Strength of Bone Integration to Dental Implants
- Decreased Chance of Dry Socket and Cavitations after Tooth Extrations
- Increased early blood supply to Tooth Extraction Socket
- Facilitates Fast and Proper Healing of Wisdom Tooth Extraction Site
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a concentrate of platelet-rich plasma protein derived from whole blood, centrifuged to remove red blood cells. It has a greater concentration of growth factors than whole blood, and has been used to encourage a brisk healing response across several specialties, in particular dentistry, orthopedics and dermatology.
- As a concentrated source of blood plasma and autologous conditioned plasma, PRP contains several different growth factors and other cytokines that can stimulate healing of soft tissue and joints. Main indication in sports medicine and orthopedics are acute muscle strains, tendinopathy and muscle-fascial injuries and osteoarthritis. Main indications in dermatology for PRP are androgenic alopecia, wound healing, and skin rejuvenation. For preparation of PRP, various protocols are used, with an underlying principle of concentrating platelets to 3–5 times physiological levels, then injecting this concentrate in the tissue where healing is desired.
- A fibrin network could provide more efficient cell proliferation and migration necessary for tissue regeneration. When fibrin is used with the autogenous bone graft, however, it can increase bone formation, and act as a scaffold for the restoration of bony defects. Fibrin is a recognized support matrix for bone morphogenic protein (BMP) transplants. Thus, PRF, as a natural and optimized blood clot, seemed the adequate adjuvant to secure this technique and to improve the guided tissue regeneration.
- One of the main differences between the PRF concept and most PRPs systems is that PRF production process is completely natural, with no use of anticoagulant during blood harvest nor bovine thrombin and calcium chloride for platelet activation and fibrin polymerization. PRF is rich in growth factors such as platelet derived growth factor (PDGF) and tumor growth factor (TGF) alpha, beta. These growth factors are sustainably released for at least 1 week up to 28 days, allowing PRF to stimulate the environment for a significant time during wound healing.
- As of 2009 there have been two PRP preparation methods approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Platelet Rich Fibrin in Implants Dentistry: Studies
- Studies have demonstrated that PRF is a healing biomaterial with a great potential for bone and soft tissue regeneration, without inflammatory reactions, which may be used alone or in combination with bone grafts, promoting hemostasis, bone growth, and maturation.Several studies have evaluated the effectiveness of PRF in intra bony and mandibular grade II defects and have found a positive clinical and radiographic outcome. The routine use of such an inexpensive, autologous growth factor delivery system certainly offers an attractive option for the treatment of horizontal defects.